21 key takeaways from Dr. Steenbarger’s Master ClassFeb 27th, 2017 | By Bella | Category: General Comments
This Sunday I had the privilege of taking Dr. Steenbarger’s Master Class, trading coach and author, at The TradersExpo NYC. It was four hours jam-packed with learning. The Master Class was truly exceptional!
Many have reached out to my inbox and asked for me to share my notes with you. I will do so here.
- To become a distinct trader you must leverage your personality and cognitive strengths.
- Distinctive traders possess distinctive strengths.
- Conscientiousness and resilience build success.
- Openness to experience sustains success.
- The largest players use factors to make trade decisions.
- The successful trader finds more than one way to win.
- Openness to experience correlates with increased creativity.
- Study, study, study your successes.
- The four pillars for success are: happiness, energy, affection and fulfillment.
- Willpower is a limited resource. But it is renewable.
- Embrace failure as a means to success.
- You are here to make money as a trader, not express your political views.
- The successful trader studies himself as much as their trading.
- To diagnose your trading underperformance consider whether recent problems are interfering, or past problems are interfering, or whether your strategy is not working.
- Every frustration has a trigger.
- Dr. Steenbarger surrounds his trading screens with pictures important to him to remind him no matter the result of any trade, he still has a good life.
- Constantly keep score of your trading results.
- Most identify an issue in their journal, but do not take the next necessary step to develop a solution-based goal to improve.
- Intuition is rapid pattern recognition in real-time that some traders many not be able to verbalize.
- Watch Jiro Dreams of Sushi
- Read The Checklist Manifesto, Atul Gawande
Tomorrow I will discuss four ideas to help traders improve that were inspired by this Master Class.
Kudos to The TradersExpo NYC for such a tremendous learning experience with Dr. Steenbarger.
*no relevant positions