Welcome to the SMBU
Options Trading Foundation Program
If you're like most people we interview, your goal is to be an elite options trader. You picture yourself as someone who can be one of the best, you want options trading to be a career.
The SMB Options Training Program is a unique process of education and skill development. After each student learns the core strategies and tactics, we work hard together to determine what works best for each student. When an options trader and the correct strategy are in sync, the trader will have the tools, conviction and confidence necessary to succeed.
This program is for you if you're looking for a systematic, efficient and affordable method to become an options trader who earns money. I say "affordable" because the cost of paying the market to learn can be quite expensive in both time, money and stress if you try it on your own.
We are on the same options trading path. Our mentors are simply further down the road and are waiting to help you realize your goals.
The comprehensive online video series, mentoring and the accompanying manual train the trader to create a complete personalized trading plan. The development of this focused skill-set and support from the SMBU community foster the ability required to be a professional trader.
Depending on the trader development program you select, your trader path will include some or all of the following components:
- Instant access to the online video series.
- Sixty minute mentor session after one month.
- Over 400 pages of training material to accompany the videos (Parts one and two combined).
- Weekly student webinars to review the nuances of the strategies.
- Video archive of the student webinars to study at your convenience.
- Individual online mentoring, recorded for student review.
- Structuring your personalized playbook and options trading plan
Which of These Common and Costly Mistakes Have You Made?
Reading books, watching YouTube videos and countless hours studying free PDF downloads have already proven to you how expensive free can be. Real education and mentoring is an investment in your career-no different from college or a trade school.
If you have tried to pursue successful options trading on your own it’s likely after a few months you felt frustrated because you didn’t see improvement. Lack of earning consistency along with time and money spent can start to wear on you both mentally and physically.
I have been there, you start to doubt if you have what it takes or if the success you want to achieve is within your reach.
Beyond Classroom Theory and into Career Opportunities
Discover how to systematically improve your options trading returns with a time-tested process of education, mentoring and community. Our mentors devote considerable personal time and energy putting you in a position to succeed.
Developing your personalized trading plan with an SMBU mentor can dramatically speed up the learning curve for both new and experienced traders alike.
Successful students may have the opportunity to earn a seat on our professional options trading desk perhaps within the first 12 months. These candidates if selected will be backed by firm capital.
SMBU Options Foundation Part One
- Session 1: Course Overview: Gain a solid understanding of successful trading the importance of focusing on one good trade, the SMBU core philosophy.
- Session 2: Fundamental Option Concepts: Learn the cornerstone concepts such as strike price, what it means to buy or sell and the all-important premium.
- Session 3: Options Analysis Software: Learn how to place credit spread trades and how to back-test to explain why a trade made a profit or a loss.
- Session 4: The Greeks: How to measure the effect on changes in price, time and volatility.
- Session 5: Options Spread Theory: How to trade options for income and profit from time decay.
- Session 6: Online Broker Training: Introduction to five major online options broker platforms
- Session 7: SMB Fundamentals: SMBU believes that all successful traders follow certain fundamental principles and practices which if carefully applied will result ultimately in a successful trading track record. This section covers the seven principles of elite trading performance.
- Session 8: Condors: Learn the entry, exit and all important adjustment tactics for this most popular of options spread strategies
- Session 9: Butterflies: How to enter, adjust and exit iron, call side and put side butterflies—a powerful strategy for profiting from the high time decay of at-the–money short options.
- Session 10: Calendar Spreads: Popular and core strategy which takes advantage of the relative time decay of near and far term options. Learn how to enter, adjust and exit.
Frequently Asked Questions about options trading
and the SMBU program:
- Question: I have seen all the over-hyped promises of how easy options trading is portrayed to be. Is anyone actually making money and earning a living as an options trader?
- Answer: Yes a matter of fact your instructor is a well-respected mentor and full time trader. You will be learning from someone who is living what you want to achieve.
- Question: Do I need to spend long hours scanning hundreds of stock looking for opportunities?
- Answer: No! The primary strategies we will be discussing in both Foundation course Part One and Part Two are generally centered on trading Index options. Most professional options traders focus on four or five major indices to earn their living. You will learn why in the video series.
- Question: Why should I enroll in a course when I can buy simply buy a book and learn the tactics?
- Answer: For the same reason that passing the written test doesn’t make you a competent driver. You learn to drive by driving with someone who has been there before.
- Question: What does trading for income mean?
- Answer: It means in most cases you will learn to initiate trades where you simultaneously buy and sell options. This is known as a spread trade. The major advantage to this type of options trading is there are multiple paths to profit. Spread trading scenarios are the SMB Options primary strategies.
- Question: What is the most important benefit of this course?
- Answer: There are actually two main promises you should focus on; number one is our goal is to help determine the strategy that matches your personality and resources. We work together extensively in mentoring to uncover what’s best for you. Number two is learning to manage and adjust positions. I will go back to the driving analogy, you don’t hold the wheel straight; there are always adjustments you need to learn how to make. There is a tremendous emphasis on adapting to the market in the video series.
- Question: Can I get reviews from someone who has already taken the course?
- Answer: Yes. Here are a few emails we have received from students:
"Joining the SMB Options Training Program was the best investment decision I have ever made. "
A. Rob Lantka, Pennsylvania:
Read More >>
…The SMB options and mentoring programs have been excellent."
Derek Vanderpool, Wisconsin:
Read More >>
" I find SMB's Options Training Program especially well designed to take my options trading to the next level."Peterson J. Handjaja, Indonesia:
Read More >>
Immediate Access upon Enrollment:
- New students will receive instant access to the online video series and the PDF version of the course manual so you can follow along and take notes.
- You will also be contacted by SMBU to schedule your 60 minute mentoring session.
SMBU Options Foundation Part Two
- Session 11: Double Diagonal Spreads: Learn the nuances of this popular market neutral strategy which combines elements of the calendar spread and the condor spread.
- Session 12: Covered Calls: Learn a technique for managing this most popular of long term options strategies.
- Session 13: Cash Secured Puts: A powerful technique for creating options income methodically through selling puts.
- Session 14: Earnings Plays: Learn how to take advantage of the huge options volatility shifts that occur during earnings season.
- Session 15: Expiration Week Plays: There are unique phenomena that occur during monthly options expiration week. Learn techniques for identifying and profiting from those opportunities.
- Session 16: Credit Spreads: Learn a simple yet powerful technique for taking advantage of your directional opinion on a stock, ETF or index while having the flexibility to being directionally incorrect and STILL profiting through understanding the importance of options time decay.
- Session 17: Heart Friendly Butterfly Guidelines: This advanced butterfly strategy aggressively controls options greeks and adapts closely to market movements.
- Session 18: Heart Friendly Butterfly in a whipsaw market.The student takes a deep dive into the strategy as traded during a market whipsaw.
- Session 19: Heart Friendly Butterfly in extreme market conditions.We review the techniques to respond to strong market moves within this strategy.
- Session 20: Heart Friendly Butterfly in flat or trending markets.This conclusion of the heart friendly butterfly strategy instructions reviews the trade's protocols in flat or trending market conditions.
Becoming a Professional Trader with SMB Options
A comprehensive options trading education is the first step to becoming a professional options trader. Structured mentoring and joining a community of like-minded options traders fills out your journey.
Earning a position to trade firm capital is an opportunity offered to those who advance in the SMBU Options Trader Development program and show the outstanding skills and persistence it takes to succeed.
We look forward to taking the journey together….