FIND YOUR TRADING CONFIDENCE IN JUST TEN WEEKS
It's really simple when we boil it down to its essence.
We can talk about the the big potential income, the car, the house or the expensive meals that money can buy, but the real reason we became traders is the freedom to have choices. To be in control of our life and to live on our own terms.
What we truly want deep down is a trading income that supports the lifestyle we feel we deserve. Freedom is the real reason we opened a trading account and the reason we keep getting up when we get knocked down. It's a reality for many people. Read on to learn how to make it happen for you.
How to Transform Your Trading Career
Picture when the opening bell rings. You are an assertive trader with conviction who earns money month-after-month. You are sought after by new traders for advice and the envy of your friends.
What's missing for you to have this breakthrough and feeling of total conviction?
Most traders, if they work hard, can get to a point where they understand everything there is to know about trading. You have every tool possible and have the technical knowledge to talk with the best of them, but you still aren't consistent.
Depending on the size of your trading account it can take between three to eight months for the fear and overwhelming panic to become real. You may need to get a real job. How does that feel?
What is it that you missed? What didn't you "get?"
The Unspoken Secret of Trading Success
It took me years to figure this out but will only take you ten weeks to understand and apply…
Technical knowledge alone doesn't translate into trading profits.
You need to mentor with successful traders who can teach you a skill. You need to learn the difference between reading a chart and how to earn money.
They say how you do anything is how you do everything. I believe that.
Trading is an exercise to learn how good you can be. In my opinion there are four keys to become great at something. First is to immerse yourself in the subject you want to master and to learn everything you can about the topic. At SMBU we call this domain knowledge.
Second is the ability to sustain your energy. Possessing that inner drive and passion to work on your trading game. Third is something that winners crave—critical feedback. Openly seeking out and accepting knowledge from a coach or mentor can speed up your learning curve dramatically. Champions seek it out; those who struggle keep trying to figure it out on their own. Tiger Woods has a swing coach. Enough said.
Fourth and most important is deliberate practice. Rehearsing the correct skills to become a consistently profitable trader takes repetition. Without a knowledgeable mentor you can be practicing the wrong skills for years.
We developed this course to teach traders how to be winners. I am really looking forward to working with the new mentoring students and seeing the transformation not only in their trading but in taking that same winning psychology into other aspects of their life.
How fast can ten weeks go?
Summer is Gone and Costco Already Has Holiday Items on Display
Any doubt Thanksgiving and the other holidays will be upon us faster than you can say "stuffed?"
So if we can agree how quick the next ten weeks will pass, I want to ask if you have a vivid picture of the trader you will be in December?
How are you planning to invest the next ten weeks to become better than you are today? Are you setting yourself up for success?
The New SMBU Training Program—The DNA of Successful Trading—provides this for you and so much more.
Why this training program was developed:
Mike and Steve believe that it is important to have a structured mentoring program focused on "skill development", whereas most mentoring programs simply offer a series of technical setups, which is not sufficient to develop consistently profitable traders.
By clearly laying out a set of skills that need development and providing in-depth lectures exercises and live sessions related to these skills we believe students are in a better position to compete in the markets. Our mission for this training is to help mentor students to become skilled traders.
We created a program relevant for trading all electronic markets.
Key benefits of the program:
- Includes 8 core topics from SMB Foundation, which we use to train our NYC desk.These are the 8 topics we have found to have the greatest impact on their level of success while trading firm capital.
- Lessons are delivered via lectures, worksheets, audio, video and live group mentoring. This allows students to learn at their own pace and ask questions of Mike and Steve during the process.
- The pillars of developing a daily routine, internalizing the DNA of One Good Trade and the transformation of converting your burning desire into disciplined elite performance, are the foundation from which skill development is built upon. These three pillars are where conviction is born.
- The training then moves into learning the critical difference of our proprietary idea generator of "Stocks In Play" and how it greatly differs from simply reading charts to find ideas. We then move into converting Stocks in Play into a morning Game Plan. Learning the power behind Stocks in Play is worth the investment in the training by itself.
- Feedback: Structured training for reviewing your work and how to keep a proper trading journal are an integral part of the ten weeks. It is imperative to take action, learn and document your results to position yourself to improve.
- The SMB PlayBook. Each trader has different resources. Capital, experience, time, ability to learn and ability to process information. In this module we introduce our playbook of setups and teach how to choose among those that match where you are as a trader. Skill development will begin to arise out of the module.
- A 90% win ratio but losing it all on the 10% is poor trading. Believing and internalizing the discipline of risk management is a crucial skill to apply to each and every trade. Simply put, these lessons, videos and mentoring will make or break your success. It's not hard to make money when everything "lines up"—it's hard to keep it when it doesn't if you don't have a risk manager thought process. This part of the course keeps you in the business.
- How to earn what you should when you have a big one on the line. Keeping the downside in check is important but you need to learn how to earn big money when it's there to be had. As your skills develop over the ten weeks, Mike and Steve will introduce you to the best trades for developing traders to master, which is to say that you must have your “go to” ideas—and it is these ideas that will become your bread and butter.
- Technical Analysis. There is reading charts and there is reading charts and understanding how to earn money. In this module we cover the basics for newbies but quickly move into how to identify the price levels and trends that truly matter.
- Last but not least the principles of elite performance are sprinkled throughout the entire program and the ten weeks of mentoring. The difference between weekend athlete and professional in the trading arena lies between the ears. Learn how to think big and how to think like a pro.
Proof: Are you a 93 or a 7?
We could post testimonial after testimonial here but the real proof is in you. If you have been in the industry for a while you have heard the numbers: 93% of those who try active trading fail, 7% succeed.
Do you have a plan for the next ten weeks to join the 7%?
Ask yourself honestly: are your current trading results the best you are capable of? Can your trading improve from where it is today? Little did I know when I began my trading career in 1996 that one day I would be helping to mold the best short-term traders on the Street.
When Bella approached me with the idea of mentoring "newbies" I told him the only way I would do it was if we first built a comprehensive methodology that would give traders their best chance to succeed. That is what we have done at SMB: this program takes the most essential parts of our training and offers it to you.
What DNA Students say about the course
The course is great. Novice traders receive a very good introduction to the ropes of modern-day trading and trading veterans can sharpen and update their trading skills.
I am very impressed with the level of effort Mike and Steve put into mentoring and training students.
( St Pete Beach, FL )
Awesome program! I am very impressed with the level of effort Mike Bellafiore and Steve Spencer put into mentoring and training the students. There is no one out there that provides the comprehensive training, mentoring, meetings and class materials that SMB provided for the DNA of Success class. The access to the morning ideas meeting and the daily mentoring meetings at noon and after the close were invaluable. The weekly DNA mentoring meetings were also a great experience, being mentored by and being able to chat and ask questions of Bella and Steve was priceless! The class instilled in me the value of the hard work and effort required to become a successful trader. There is a lot to learn and SMB gives you all of the tools and materials to help you succeed.
Focusing on structure, challenging improvement everyday and building a playbook are leading me to become my very best trader.
( Manhattan, NY )
An incredible experience! I am approaching my trades with unrecognizable depth and professionalism. Focusing on structure, challenging improvement everyday and building a playbook are leading me to become my very best trader. Mike and Steve are inspirational traders and educators.
Individual traders will never achieve the same doing it on their own... EVER!
( Australia )
It amazes me what can be learned in two month with professional traders by your side. Individual traders will never achieve the same doing it on their own ...EVER ! Thank you for creating such a great training program for those who strive to be successful.
I am happy that i enrolled for the SMB DNA program because it gave me access to a totally different approach to trading.
I loved the SMB DNA program. It was obvious from the start that you take trader education very seriously and you strive to provide the best education available. I am happy that I enrolled for the SMB DNA program because it gave me access to a totally different approach to trading, totally different concepts and most importantly it gave me a glimpse of how a professional prop trading firm like SMB operates. Comparing prop trading to professional sports was an eye opening factor which gave me direction of how should I approach my development. The need for constant coaching was also another eye opener. I really can't list all the benefits that I gained from your program. Now its up to me to continue following your advices and to never ever give up on the continuous deliberate practice. That will be the determining factor that will make me My Best Trader!!
This program is more adapted for traders who have already struggles with the markets for a while.
When I started the DNA program, I was struggling with my trading, making some money, losing some money, overall flattish. The DNA program taught us a solid methodology in order to 1. become consistently profitable 2. become as good as we can be Don't expect to be spoon fed though: a LOT depends on you. That's why I think this program is more adapted for traders who have already struggled with the markets for a while. Complete beginners should rather subscribe to "SMB Foundation" program. It's a bit too early to say I am consistently profitable now, but at least, I know that I am on the right path.