In today's trade review video I offer some education on the mechanics behind the large moves we see on low priced biotech stocks. There is a discussion on what I look for before considering it "safe" to make a trade in the direction of a large gap.
Steven Spencer is the co-founder of SMB Capital and SMB University which provides trading education in stocks, options, forex and futures. He has traded professionally for 17 years. His ...
Hear what our best trainees have to say about how our program has helped them. Subscribe: http://bit.ly/smbhome
Help me write my book: http://www.unconventionaltrader.com
Training Info: http://www.bit.ly/smbhome
My analysis on TradingView.com: http://bit.ly/tviewprfle
Webinar and Trade Review Archive: http://bit.ly/archpge
Marc Principato, CMT,
*No Relevant Positions
Trade on your own schedule
Learn SMB′s Unique Strategy
Trade Confidently in 6 Weeks
Click here for a free trial of our chatroom
Today's video trade review highlights a few key points for short term equity trading. One, how to identify important "inflection points" which can be used as the basis for low risk high reward trades; two, when to consider getting back into a position that doesn't work initially; and three, how to actively manage a position versus taking your hands off the keyboard and letting the trade work for you (a very difficult skill for less experienced and higher ...
Yesterday during our After-Hours Review our desk discussed attacking the markets after the debt ceiling is raised. Our preparation started yesterday. If you're wondering how you might trade the markets after an announcement, perhaps this video will help.
Notice that we run through different strategies:
1) Buy buy buy instantly
2) Wait for the market to settle and start a trend
3) Short the news
4) Fade a quick up move
As a trading partner it is my job to run ...
One of the few short setups that has consistently worked in 2013 has been shorting stocks after extended moves that then gap higher after some sort of news catalyst. We saw this on Monday in $AMZN after the "drone story" on Sixty Minutes and again yesterday after $AAPL inked a deal with China Mobile that had been discussed ad infinitum the past few months. As an aside one of things that causes me to believe ...
Wanted to say thanks for the Webinar presentations provided on the Options Tribe site. It is
very interesting to observe the many styles and approaches people are implementing.
As I’m getting closer to starting the options program, I’ve been thinking about what style would
be suited to my personality the most. I have a little bit of an idea but I don’t want to reach any
conclusions until I see all the possibilities for the course and discussions ...
1. SMB TRAINING is NOT a Broker Dealer. SMB Training engages in trader education and training. SMB TRAINING offers a number of products and services, both electronical (over the internet through smbtraining.com) and in person. SMB TRAINING also offers web-based, interactive training courses on demand.
2. The seminars given by SMB TRAINING are for educational purposes only. This information neither is, nor should be construed, as an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy or sell securities. You shall be fully responsible for any investment decision you make, and such decisions will be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance, and liquidity needs.
3. This material is being provided to you for educational purposes only. No information presented constitutes a recommendation by SMB TRAINING or its affiliates to buy, sell or hold any security, financial product or instrument discussed therein or to engage in any specific investment strategy. The content neither is, nor should be construed as, an offer, or a solicitation of an offer, to buy, sell, or hold any securities. You are fully responsible for any investment decisions you make. Such decisions should be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances. Such decisions should be based solely on your evaluation of your financial circumstances, investment objectives, risk tolerance and liquidity needs.
4. SMB Training and SMB Capital Management, LLC are separate but affiliated companies.
5. No relevant positions
6. Please note: Hypothetical computer simulated performance results are believed to be accurately presented. However, they are not guaranteed as to accuracy or completeness and are subject to change without any notice. Hypothetical or simulated performance results have certain inherent limitations. Unlike an actual performance record, simulated results do not represent actual trading. Since, also, the trades have not actually been executed; the results may have been under or over compensated for the impact, if any, of certain market factors such as liquidity, slippage and commissions. Simulated trading programs in general are also subject to the fact that they are designed with the benefit of hindsight. No representation is being made that any portfolio will, or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those shown. All investments and trades carry risks.